The Proposed Development
Click the image for a larger view
The proposed development will comprise the erection a new Lidl food store with associated car parking, servicing and landscaping.
The proposed food store will extend to 1,815 sq m gross internal area, with net sales of 1,129 sq m. The proposals also include 76 car parking spaces, including 5 dedicated disabled spaces and 8 parent and child spaces, together with secure cycle storage.
The existing access into Pyart Court Shopping Centre, off Old Station Way, will be utilised for vehicular access to and from the subject site. The existing pedestrian links to the site will remain with further linkages proposed at the rear of the store and off Lord’s Hill.
It is proposed that the food store will be open between the hours of:
- 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays), and
- 10am to 4pm or 11am to 5pm Sunday
Benefits of the proposed document
- The development of the site will provide the following benefits of the local area;
- A purpose built store which provides a clean and fresh shopping experience to meet the needs of customers;
- A dedicated in-store bakery;
- Improved shopping choice and provision of a new mainstream discount operator for Coleford and the surrounding area;
- A contemporary building design that will complement the surrounding area;
- Employment opportunities, including up to 40 new retail jobs for local residents.